Look Awake and Glowing for Spring
You want to look awake and have glowing skin? There are few simple products and things you can do in your everyday routine to achieve that well rested and radiant complexion.
- Want to look well rested? Be well rested. I get asked at work all the time, how am I so perky? How can I survive the day without coffee? How am I so positive? Honestly, I owe it all to a good 6-8 hours of sleep every night. I completely understand we all have things we need to get done and want to do. I work an 8-hour day and commute for 3 hours+ a day so I completely understand the “I don’t have time” reasoning. However, I’m telling you: getting a good night's sleep every night is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Make it a priority, stick to a bedtime, and you’ll notice a big difference in your mood, attitude, skin, hair, nails, energy level, and so much more. Try getting 6-8 hours of sleep this week and check back in with me and let me know how much better you feel.
- Want radiant skin? Drink your water! Water will not only hydrate your insides, but the benefits translate to your skin. I’ve found since I started drinking 100 ounces of water a day my skin is less dry, my hair is shinier, I break out less, I actually have more energy, and my skin looks more luminous. Water is essential for healthy skin, hair, nails, organs, energy, and so much more. I’m going to add working out into this tip because they are both so important for your overall health and affect the look of your skin. Work out as many times as you can fit into your schedule every week. I wake up at 4:45am to get my workout in before leaving for work during the week, I work out 6 days a week. Find a schedule that works for you. Working out actually increases blood flow which will make your skin look more radiant.
3. Okay so what happens when you just can’t get 6-8 hours of sleep or workout or you just need more help. My tip is to find good skincare products that work for your skin type. I have dry/combo skin and some of my favorite products are: Lush Cup O’ Coffee (great for those really early mornings), Lush Otyfix, The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Mask, Lush Ultrabland, Origins Frothy Face Wash, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E Oil, and a good moisturizer. Use a moisturizer even if you have oily skin. This will help to balance the skin and help it from trying to over compensate with oil throughout the day. All of these products help with different skin issues and if you’re not sure where to start do some searching online, let me know if you want to see a skincare post, and/or visit a Sephore, Ulta, Lush, The Body Shop, and ask them for suggestions. Sephora will give you a sample of anything they can, so take advantage of that perk.
4. Find a great illuminating primer, use an oil mixed in with your foundation, or use a liquid highlighter under your foundation. I’m a big fan of the Becca Back Light Priming Filter. I love to mix this in with my foundation or to use it on its own. It leaves the skin with a gorgeous radiant finish that shines through beautifully throughout the day. If you have super dry skin try mixing a bit of Vitamin E, Maicujia Oil, or another kind of oil in with your foundation to add a luminous look to the skin. A little trick I do when my skin is looking dry is adding a liquid highlight like the L’oreal Lumi Liquid to the high points of my face and then putting my liquid foundation on top. It adds that gorgeous light-from-within look we are all searching for, especially in the spring and summer. Faking it is a good option even if you are able to actually be luminous ;)
5. Focus on perfected skin. This ties in with a good primer a bit, but finding a good foundation routine is essential. I just uploaded a Full Coverage Foundation video on my channel that you can check out if you haven’t seen it already. When you want to look well rested and luminous there can be few things better than a killer foundation routine. This too goes along with the fake it till you make it or even when you do make it mentality! Find products that work for your skin (I mention a few recommendations in the Foundation Routine video) and apply them well. If you perfect and illuminate your skin, you will look well rested and radiant to the world.
I wish you all well-rested nights, positive days, and great makeup routines <3